Location: East Central High School
Position: Technology Teacher
Essential Job Functions:
- Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Prepare technology lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
- Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
- Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities.
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aide(s) and volunteer (s).
- Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
- Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
- Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
- Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
- Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
- Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
- Sponsor Career and Technical Student Organization related to Animation and Photography
- Provide students with opportunities to earn industry validated credentials and certifications related to content area.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
NOTE: Not all applicants will interview. Each applicant’s resume, application, and other available information will be considered in the screening process. Only those personscurrently meeting all minimum requirements will be screened.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Appropriate Texas Teacher’s Certificate – Technology Education (6-12) preferred or Technology Applications (EC-12)
- Experience with traditional and stop-motion animation, 2D computer animation, 3D modeling and animation and programs
- Strong design fundamentals and understanding of cinematic aesthetics
- Strong knowledge of Cinema4D, May, 3DS or Blender
- Strong knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Experience with digital video production, and multiple computer platforms is desirable
- Experience with developments in teaching practice and methodology in the area of Art & Photography
School/Organization: East Central Independent School District
- Amanda Holman, Ed. D., CTE Specialist, East Central ISD
- Phone: 210-581-1188
- Employment Portal esc20
Posting Date: March 8th