Irving Independent School District
Cte Teacher Robotic Manufacturing
Teacher Job Description
Primary Purpose: Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences which will prepare, train and certify them to be leaders in the fields of robotics and manufacturing. Implement a curriculum built on high expectations of demonstrable student success in applied skills and knowledge from the core mathematics, science, English/language arts, and communications, which will enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in a global society.
- Bachelors Degree
- Valid Texas teaching certificate for subject/level assigned (Tech Ed)
- Demonstrated competency in the core academic subject area assigned
- Knowledge of curriculum and instruction
- Proficient in industry specific software, or willing to attend training
- Knowledge of 3D architectural or engineering programs, or programming languages
- Experience with robotics
- Understanding and experience using power tools, and specialized equipment
- Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
- Strong organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Fluent with technology use and actively integrates technology to enhance student learning
- Previous teaching experience preferred, but not required
- Industry experience preferred engineering or related occupation
Length of Duty:
187 days plus 13 days
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and implement plans for the curriculum program assigned and show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Present the subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
- Provide students with instruction on industry standard software and provide opportunities, where appropriate, for students to earn industry certifications
- Access and use available data to plan and implement appropriate instructional/learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect accommodation for individual needs of students assigned (i.e. gifted and talented, bilingual/ESL, 504, etc).
- Work cooperatively with special education teachers/staff to modify curricula as needed for special education students according to guidelines established by Individual Education Plans (IEP).
- Cooperate with other members of the staff in planning and implementing instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
- Plan and supervise purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) while working with students in the classroom.
- Use appropriate technologies to strengthen and enhance the teaching and learning process.
- Present subject matter in accordance with TEA, board policy, administrative regulations and industry standards.
Student Growth and Development:
- Assist students in analyzing and improving methods and habits of study.
- Consistently monitor student achievement through formative and summative assessments.
- Assume responsibility for Career and Technical Education Student Organizations (CTSO) as a co-curricular program and involve students with professional associations affiliated with their specialty.
- Present a positive role model for students that supports the mission of the school district.
- Prepare students for national competency exams.
Classroom Management and Organization:
- Create a classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate to the intellectual, physical, social, and emotional development of students.
- Provide safety training for students and maintain documentation that the student mastered the concepts
- Manage student behavior in the classroom and other areas as appropriate in accordance with Student Code of Conduct, board policies, administrative regulations, and/or IEP.
- Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
- Assist in the selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials.
- Establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents/guardians.
- Participate as a member of the cluster advisory committee
- Maintain a professional relationship with all supervisors, colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
- Use appropriate and acceptable communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
Professional Growth and Development:
- Demonstrate current knowledge, understanding, and skill in the assigned content area, instructional strategies and the teaching and learning process.
- Participate in district and campus professional development
- Participate in required district meetings, cluster meetings and advisory meetings
- Demonstrate interest and initiative in professional improvement.
- Keeps informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and electronic reports, records, and other required documents.
- Attend and participate in faculty/staff meetings and serve on committees as required.
- Demonstrate behavior that is professional, responsible and in compliance with the Professional Code of Ethics.
Mental Demands/Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Must maintain emotional control and exercise reasoning and problem solving skills while under stress. Must demonstrate ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written). Should be able to interpret procedures and analyze data for decision-making. Frequent in-district and occasional in-state or national travel. Occasional prolonged and irregular hours.
Perform all duties in a safe and responsible manner. Observe all safety precautions.
The information contained in this job description is for compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and foregoing statements describe the general purpose and responsibilities assigned to this job and are not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills that may be required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Director of Career and Technical Education
Irving Independent School District