Terms of Employment:
10 months/187 days per year. Salary is on the Teacher Salary Schedule on the EISD Compensation Plan on a term or probationary contract, as applicable. Starting teacher salary for 2018-2019 is $51,000.00 with Bachelor’s degree; and additional stipend of $1,523.00 for Master’s degree, with additional consideration for directly related experience.
Provide students with appropriate, hands-on, learning activities and meaningful instruction. Assist in developing student’s competencies that allow them to successfully enter a post-secondary school and/or training program or entrance to the job market with the ability to function in a multifaceted industry that offers ever-expanding opportunities. Assist in creating Practicum and job shadowing experiences for seniors enrolled in Practicum of Automotive Technology. Provide students with broad, transferable concepts and job skills: such as job search, interviewing, and resume writing skills. Provide opportunities for students to earn industry certifications. Provide opportunities for student growth by assisting in providing a student organization, student competitions, and advisory committee for program.
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree from accredited university/college (preferred)
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned – Trade and Industrial Education 8-12 with appropriate work approval or Vocational Trades and Industry with appropriate work approval
- Demonstrated competency in the subject area assigned
- Three-year minimum ‘fulltime’ work experience in industry (preferred) ASE and NATEF certification (preferred)
- Dual Credit and/or Advanced Technical Credit approved or ability to become approved within the first year of hire (preferred)
- Work Based Learning endorsement (preferred)
Posting Date: 09/6/18