- Career & Technical Education (CTE) Teacher
Teaching Area: Construction
Courses: Principles of Construction, Construction Tech I, Construction Tech II, Practicum in Construction Technology
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences in Construction to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills that will prepare them for success in higher education and careers. Provide students with information and skills related to career options in construction related fields.
Must be certified in one of the following or have work experience in Construction:
- Secondary Industrial Arts: Grades 6-12
- Secondary Industrial Technology: Grades 6-12
- Technology Education: Grades 6-12
- Trade and Industrial Education: Grades 6-12
- Vocational Trades and Industry
SPECIALIZED RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Assist students in obtaining Articulated Credit and Industry Certifications.
- Provide students the opportunity to participate in a Career and Technical Student Organization (CTSO).
- Accept a share of responsibility for co-curricular activities and other duties as assigned.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
- Develop and implement timely lesson plans for the curriculum program assigned to show written evidence of preparation as required.
- Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and technology that reflect accommodations for individual needs of students assigned.
- Demonstrate understanding of instructional planning and timely delivery pacing by providing standards-based, data-driven, differentiated instruction that engages students, incorporates appropriate use of technology and makes learning relevant to today’s learners.
- Work cooperatively with special populations teachers to modify curricula as needed for students being served through special programs.
- Work collaboratively with other members of faculty and staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district and campus requirements.
- Interact in respectful ways with students at all times, maintaining a physically and emotionally safe, supportive learning environment that is characterized by efficient and effective routines, clear expectations for all student behavior, and organization that maximizes student learning.
- Work to establish and maintain open lines of communication with students and their parents concerning the academic and the behavioral progress of all assigned students.
- Hold oneself to the highest standard for individual development, pursue leadership opportunities, collaborate with other educational professionals, communicate regularly with stakeholders, maintain professional relationships, and comply with all campus and school district policies.
Contact: Jenny Arledge Director of College & Career Readiness Career & Technical Education Director Sulphur Springs High School 1200 Connally Street Sulphur Springs, TX 75482 903-885-2158 ext. 2203 Twitter: @jarledgesshs #sulsprhs #sshscte
Posting Date: 03/28/18