Summer Professional Development Conference
Click the link to register : https://services.tiva.org/conferences/
New Career Prep and Practicum Thursday, July 16,8:00am-5:00pm $50.00
Many CTE programs plan to include a practicum for their students in their CTE program area.This training will meet the state requirements to provide this opportunity to students.
This is an 8 hour inter-active course and completers will receive a Certificate of Completion from Texas A&M-Corpus Christi with CPE hours from that institute.
Below, see the validation for this statement from TEA. Pre-Registration required.
If a teacher is placing students in the community/business and industry for unpaidwork-sitelearning/practicums, they should complete training in work-based learning. You can findthis requirement in the teacher assignment chart [PDF] Teacher Assignment Chart. Thelanguage reads, “1The school district is responsible for ensuring that each teacher assigned to this coursehas completed appropriate training in state and federal requirements regarding work-based learningand safety.”
The Autodesk User Exams are free of charge. A study guide for the exams should be purchased prior to the conference. To order the books needed to study prior to the workshop copy one of the links from the TIVA Conference web page, into your browser address bar and place your order.
Revit Architecture 2015 Review for Certification $80
Inventor 2015 Review for Certification $80
AutoCAD 2015 Review for Certification $80
July 13-17, 2015
- Architecture & Construction
- Arts, A/V Technology & Communications
- Government & Public Administration
- Human Services (Cosmetology)
- Information Technology
- Law, Public Safety, Corrections & Security
- Science, Technology, Engineering & Mathematics
- Transportation, Distributions & Logistics
- Career Developmen
Conference Registration Fees
Deadline for Early Pre-registration is
- TIVA Member: Pre-registration = $325.00
- Non-Member: Pre-registration = $425.00
- TIVA Member: Onsite Registration =$365.00
- Non-Member: Onsite Registration =$465.00
No cancellation refunds issued after July 4 , 2015.
Omni Houston Hotel
Houston, Texas 77056