Recognizing Excellent Career and Technical Educators
who have provided significant contributions to professional associations & CTE programs for youth
sponsored by TIVA, ILS, and ACTE
Outstanding Trade and Industrial Teacher
Outstanding New Trade and Industrial Teacher
Outstanding Teacher in Community Service
Lifetime Achievement Award, Trade & Industrial Educator
- Individuals who are currently employed as full-time career and technical educators who are certified in Trade and Industrial Education.
- New Teacher: Individuals who have worked as T&I educators for less than 3 years.
- Membership in ILS, TIVA, and ACTE is considered in the evaluation but not required.
- You may nominate yourself. Nominee must get their supervisor’s signature.
- The winners of the TIVA/ILS Outstanding Teacher Competitions must be a member of TIVA in order to go on to the state , which includes all CTE associations (ATTE, FCSTAT, MET, TBTEA, THOA, TIVA, VATAT).
- To advance in the state TIVA competition, the candidate the ACTE online application.
- If you win the Texas State Award (through TIVA), be sure to check www.acteonline.org for specific rules!
- The winner of TIVA/ILS Outstanding Teacher Competition must be a member of ILS in order to go on to the National ILS Grand Chapter Competition. A portfolio is necessary for this competition.
- Teachers desiring to compete in state, regional, and national competitions adhere to this timeline.
- Nomination forms must be submitted by February 1, 2017 by email to Diana@tiva.org
- Winners of the TIVA/ILS Outstanding Teachers competition will advance to the State ACTE competition in fall 2017.
- The winner of the state ACTE competition will advance to the ACTE Region IV Competition in spring 2017.
- The ACTE Region IV winner will then compete at the National ACTE Convention in December 2017.
- Winners can compete in the National ILS Grand Chapter Competition in December 2017.