Recognizing excellent career and technical educators who have provided significant contributions to professional associations & CTE programs for youth
-Outstanding Trade and Industrial Teacher
-Outstanding New Trade and Industrial Teacher
-Outstanding Teacher in Community Service
-Outstanding Trade and Industrial Administrator, Educator
sponsored by TIVA & ILS
Outstanding Teacher of Year 2013
- Individuals who are currently employed as full-time career and technical educators who are certified in Trade and Industrial Education.
- New Teacher: Individuals who have worked as T&I educators for less than 3 years.
- Membership in ILS, TIVA, and ACTE is considered in the evaluation but not required.
- You may nominate yourself.
- The winners of the TIVA/ILS Outstanding Teacher Competitions must be a member of TIVA in order to go on to the state Texas Career and Technology Council (TCTC) competition, which includes all CTE associations (ATTE, FCSTAT, MET,TBTEA, THOA, TIVA, VATAT).
- To advance in the state TCTC competition, the candidate will need a portfolio which should include a resume and recommendation letters among other materials.
- A portfolio is also required to compete in the Association for Career and Technical Education (ACTE) Region IV Competition.
- The winner of TIVA/ILS Outstanding Teacher Competition must be a member of ILS in order to go on to the National ILS Grand Chapter Competition. A portfolio is necessary for this competition.
- Teachers desiring to compete in state, regional, and national competitions adhere to this timeline.
- Nomination forms must be postmarked by January 2nd, 2014.
- Winners of the TIVA/ILS Outstanding Teachers competition will advance to the State TCTC competition in fall 2013.
- The winner of the state TCTC competition will advance to the ACTE Region IV Competition in spring 2014.
- The ACTE Region IV winner will then compete at the National ACTE Convention in December 2014.
- Winners can compete in the National ILS Grand Chapter Competition in December 2013.