Terms of Employment:
10 months/187 days per year. Salary is on the Teacher Salary Schedule on the EISD Compensation Plan on a term or probationary contract, as applicable. Starting teacher salary for 2018-2019 is $51,000.00 with Bachelor’s degree; and additional stipend of $1,523.00 for Master’s degree, with additional consideration for directly related experience.
Provide students with appropriate, hands-on, learning activities and meaningful instruction. Assist in developing student’s competencies that allow them to successfully enter a post-secondary school and/or training program or entrance to the job market with the ability to function in a multifaceted industry that offers ever-expanding opportunities. Instruction will result in training hours and skilled applications needed to complete the requirements for a public school cosmetology program and state exam preparation. Provide students with broad, transferable concepts and job skills: such as job search, interviewing, and resume writing skills. Provide opportunities for students to earn the Texas Cosmetology License. Provide opportunities for student growth by assisting in providing a student organization, student competitions, and advisory committee for program.
- Option 1: a bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution and two years of full-time wage-earning experience within the past ten years in an approved occupation for the classes you will be teaching; or
- Option II: an associates’ degree from an accredited institution and two years of full-time wage-earning experience within the past ten years in an approved occupation for the classes you will be teaching: or
- Option III: a high school diploma or equivalent and five years of full-time wage-earning experience within the past ten years in an approved occupation for the classes you will be teaching; or
- Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements or required training for subject and level assigned – Trade and Industry-Cosmetology or be eligible to enroll in an approved teacher preparation program to teach Cosmetology
- Must hold current cosmetology instructor license issued by the Texas Department of Licensing and Regulation (TDLR)
District CTE Specialist
Edgewood Service Center at Emma Frey
Office: 210-444- 8119 ex: 8131
Posting Date: 05/23/18